Make me an offer I can't refuse!
Blue star open boat is one of our only surf charters we offer as an open boat! This means you can book a spot on this boat by yourself (or more). Most of our other boats in our fleet are private charters starting from 4 guests.
BLUE STAR is a surf charter refurbished in Maldives, designed and adapted for surfers by surfers. The vessel, supplied of all imaginable comforts to enjoy your surf charter in Maldives islands is moored in Male the capital of the Republic of Maldives. Here in Male we have our offices where we occupy ourselves of the logistic necessary for each trip as well as keep permanent contact with the boat to deal with any unexpected situation.
The Blue Star’s highly experienced guides, skipper and staff will make sure you’ll be navigated to the best possible surfing locations the Northern and Southern Atolls. You’ll do so in the luxurious comfort of one the Blue Star’s 10 double bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, air-conditioning and personal wardrobes.
The cook on the Blue star prepares 3 meals a day apart from the snacks between hours. For obvious reasons, fruit, vegetables, meat, fish form the main part of the diet on board. They offer Western as well as Asian food so the clients may try typical Maldivian food and get to know more about the culinary culture of this country. The meals make sure you’ll have enough “fuel” to surf the best on your trip.
The surf charter is equipped with, GPS, sounder, radar, USB radio 16 channels. There is a large terrace on the up deck where the covers of the surfboards are stored, perfect place to view the waves and enjoy our bar where we offer a wide range of fresh fruit juice, soft drinks, liquors, wine and beer. As for safety, the vessel is equipped with, life jackets, oxygen, first aid kit and fire extinguishers. The boat also has snorkeling equipment and local style fishing gears.
For general info you could read some blog items.
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Blue Star open boat offers 10 separate bedrooms, each with their own air-conditioner and spacious beds to ensure you’re well rested each night before you leap into another epic session. Each room is paired with its own bathroom and wardrobe so that you can choose to be a social or as private as you’d like while on board.
There is also a spacious living room with a dining table, comfortable sofas, TV, DVD, optional WIFI and completely equipped kitchen. The large terrace on the upper deck has covers for surfboards and it’s the perfect place to view the waves.
- Year of construction: 1998
- Length overall: 32 M
- Hull Type: Steel
- Beam: 7.50 M
- Draft: 2.23 M
- Main engine: 2 x 400 HP WEICHAI
- Cruising Speed: 10 Knots
- Max Speed: 14 Knots
- Power supply: 24hrs 220volts/50Hz A/C, 2 X PERKINS generators 40/30 KW
- Water supply: Aqua Tec desalination Plant 125ltrs /hr, storage tank 6000 liters.
- Crew: 9 members. All staff speak English.
- Meeting at the airport.
- Welcome drink
- Accommodation in double cabins
- All meals (3 meals per day, snacks early morning and after last surf session) coffee, tea and water
- Surf Guide
- Local island shopping
- Dingy capacity for 10 passengers
- Snorkel and fishing gears
- GST tax
- Airport transfers are included for full charter bookings
- Soft drinks
- Beer & liquor
- Service charges (5 US$ per day/ guest)
Green Tax (6 US$ per day/ guest) to pay onboard at arrival.
Available on request
- Vegetarian or Allergic diets must be requested in advance. 10 US$ person/day.
- WIFI connection to Internet 20US$ no time limit.
- Video recording & editing.
- Photo Sessions.
What are the rates?
Northern Atolls ( May till October)
The costs are $ 148,- USD per night per person + 200,- USD transfers costs.
Check out 12.00 pm but late check out possible for 50 %
Southern Atolls ( only March & April)
Individual bookings, 185,- US$ day/person
Interested to book or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us! We will get back at you within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel: +316 55 828 727
Freqeuntly Asked Questions
When are the Maldives waves at their best?
In general the season runs from mid February till November.
– February, March, April and May: Stable and clean weather with light winds. Consistent medium height waves.
– June, July, August and September: Overhead! Potentially the biggest swells. Can be rainy though.
– Oktober and November: Winds are getting stable and the waves will be medium but clean.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Male (MLE) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Maldives you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival. Double check here
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers
Other customers also viewed these boats
Luxury & Budget resorts
Looking for a resort where you can enjoy your stay in luxury? Here you will find a selection of our favorite resorts ideal for surfers traveling with their family or girlfriend. These resorts all have amazing waves right out front or at a short boat ride away. Check out the resorts in the Maldives or Indonesia and book for top rates!
Surf Boat Charters
Looking to book a surf boat charter in the Maldives, Mentawai or Banyak? Wake up to uncrowded glassy perfection, jump straight into the line-up and surf more waves in a week than you will in 6 months at home! Check out our luxury and budget charters and enjoy your surf trip of a life time. Book now at the best rates!