Make me an offer I can't refuse!
Niyama Private Islands Resort is a ClearWater discovery and we`re very proud to be their first surf agent. 45/50 minutes by seaplane from Malé, discover NIYAMA. One of Maldives best resorts with world class waves in front of the resort. Quality time for the family and quality time for you when the surf is on!
This resort is probably one of the best resorts in the Maldives, whether you want the ultimate relax holiday or an active vacation. All the options you can find in Niyama Private Islands Resort. The surfing is world class here and besides that, all the other activities and treatements will ensure your stay at the Niyama resort absolutly incredible.
Overwater pavilions, Stand-alone studios, Beachfront bliss and the many more villas with all it’s Luxury. Life with a natural edge, the lush greens, clear blue skies and a splashes of crimson. Comfort found both indoor and outdoor and lots of activities, art, indulgence, dancing and top class cuisine.
The sunset’s Edge. Meals 500 meters offshore or cocktails beneath the waves with its stunning views. LIME treatments 24-hours a day. Maldivian living tailored to you.
Read our Blog article. Matt Wilkinson and Owen Wright surfing The Maldives at Hudhuranfushi resort and Niyama.
Raw beauty. Modern luxe. Nature’s playground at NIYAMA.
NIYAMA invites you to choose from our 134 over-water or on-land studios and pavilions.
Experience serenity unmatched. Embrace comfort unparalleled. See you at Niyama Private Islands Resort!
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
Beach Studios 160 sqm
Beachfront studios with a modern twist. Views of the crystal-clear lagoon from the wooden terrace. Open-air bathrooms leading to the water garden.
The elevated couch swinging in the ocean breeze. A deep tub to step in and Deli-In snacks for the taking.
- A trail of stepping stones to a personal waterfall.
- Plush beds next to sun-soaked decks.
Splashes and spirals of crimson against white.
- Indulgent rain showers.
A 40-inch plasma TV and BOSE™ surround sound system
Modernity with Maldivian flair. The comforts of luxury, the freedom of nature. Family-friendly studios overlooking a secluded beach.
Beach Studios with private pool 180 sqm
Beachside days. Evenings lit by the fiber-optic pool, the natural vegetation to enjoy or space to sun worship on expansive decks. An oversized tub and private outdoor bathroom. His and her sinks. Smooth stones across the water.
- Deli-In to indulge.
- Towels on the pool loungers.
- Swaying curtains or open doors to daylight.
- Privacy meets the open sea.
- Outdoor deep seating for reading or dining.
- Shady palms. Hanging lights. Secret nooks.
- Pool-side terrace days.
- Modern luxe au naturel.
Water Studios with private pool 180 sqm
Ocean views stretch to the horizon. Lazy days spent on the sundeck or in the sea. Raw beauty meets spacious overwater living the umbrella loungers are ideal for seaside naps. Awake to the orange sunrise and Cooling shade under majestic palms.
A jetty bridge into the great expanse.
- Private pool for a late-night dip.
- Timber screen for privacy
- Arched teak ceilings. Open spaces.
- Indoor, outdoor fusion
- Accents of vermilion, a palette of nature.
- Modern pleasures, Maldivian elegance. Personal havens, all-day luxury.
Deluxe Water studios with private pool 200 sqm
Luxury. Comfort. Freedom. Overwater exclusivity above the ocean’s expanse.
Spacious iconic living amid a palette of blues a seamless blend of beach and pool make it perfect.
- Day-bed relaxation, dreams of luxury
- Jacuzzi nights facing the sea
- Coral beauty under the sun deck
- Elegant teak interiors with Maldivian flourishes.
- Oversized soaking tub
- Flat screen and surround sound indulgence
- An ode to modern luxury
- Spaces to unwind both indoors and out
Beach Pavilions with private pool 250-350 sqm
One- and two-bedroom pavilions amid lush, hushed surrounds. The day-bed cocoon lounges, infinity pool and Jacuzzi dips make a stay in the beach pavilions exclusive and outstanding.
A personal Thakuru for every need, garden breeze in an open-air bathroom. Deep bowl sinks for cleansing.
- Secluded beach access,with exclusive dining areas and living spaces to entertain
- Candlelight through the royal palm leaves. Deli-In or dine out.
- Champagne flutes on the deck
- A lounging bed by the sea
- High-tech living, low-maintenance days
Water Pavilions with private pool 255 sqm
One-bedroom luxury with an expansive living and dining area combined with a grand foyer to explore. The large outdoor deck with a private infinity pool and a Jacuzzi to soak in, makes this stay look like paradise.
Day-bed nest on the water. Azure blues inside and out. Expansive living room and home entertainment.
- Modern edges with natural touches
- Private Teppanyaki Grill, Deli-In journeys.
- Sun deck days & chaise longue nights. Ultimate modernity. Ultimate pampering.
Ocean Pavilions with private pool 350 sqm
The two-bedroom waterfront bliss with a seaside porch leads to a sunken living room. A pantry and powder room on either side. State-of-the-art gadgets and iconic design. LCD TV with unparalleled entertainment.
- Personal everything – dining, cocktail bar, wine collection
- Endless space to lounge in the sun
- A bathroom sanctuary fused with nature. A myriad of pillows for restful days
- Infinity pool and Jacuzzi on the edge of the ocean with wooden stairs leading into the water.
Play all day on the sand or in the sea.
Games to the extreme. Wii, PS4, Xbox, football and table tennis
Choose your watersport. Days fishing on the Indian Ocean. PADI certified diving. Take the plunge.
Cutting-edge equipment at NIYAMA’s 24-hour fitness hub
A coral nursery with marine biologist in-residence. Promoting coral growth and preserving the reef for future generations. Be a part of the process and adopt your own coral to be transplanted to the reef. Frequent educational snorkeling trips teach guests about the underwater environment.
Traditional wooden Maldivian boats – ‘ivory sails’ with en suite bedrooms that embody naturally modern design. Personal crew. Living space. Kitchenette. Fully-stocked fridge. Private sails around the atolls, sandbank picnics at sunset, journeys to the horizon line
Guides by our Resident Marine Biologist to the best spots for marine animal sightings. Before the snorkel learn about the marine life you will encounter through a lesson at The Lair.
Underwater treasures, vibrant corals, hundreds of fish and reef sharks. Our Resident Marine Biologist will teach you about the animals and escort you to all of the best spots.
Get a chance to encounter marine life in our night-time House Reef. Feeding corals extend their polyps to catch plankton and micro marine life glows. ‘CSI Marine’ shows you underwater fluorescence.
Nearly 70% of all Maldivian shallow water reefs were bleached in 1998. Since then, the government and its people have started to assist the reefs in recovery by creating more protection awareness. NIYAMA began the coral regeneration program in 2007 and has since transplanted over 1,000 corals to its House Reef. Make a difference and learn more about the project from our Resident Marine Biologist while snorkeling with her to the nursery where you pick, name and cultivate your very own coral. A certificate and follow-up images are provided afterwards.
Come out of your shell.
A spa that dares you to try something new, something different. To experiment. To seek in order to find. Through aromatherapy, physiotherapy, marine therapy, NIYAMA harnesses the elements of earth and sea to create unique sensory moments.
Visionary settings. Designer LIME treatments that exude individuality. Sensual spaces brought to life through texture, lighting, mood.
An iconic experience.
A Per AQUUM journey.
A revolution of replenishment.
What are the rates?
Interested to book or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us! We will get back at you within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel: +316 55 828 727
Freqeuntly Asked Questions
When are the Maldives waves at their best?
In general the season runs from mid February till November.
– February, March, April and May: Stable and clean weather with light winds. Consistent medium height waves.
– June, July, August and September: Overhead! Potentially the biggest swells. Can be rainy though.
– Oktober and November: Winds are getting stable and the waves will be medium but clean.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Male (MLE) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Maldives you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival. Double check here
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers
Located on the West side of The Maldives, NIYAMA is a brand new 5-star resort with 2 very good right handers breaking very close by and a left hander breaking at NIYAMA but depends on wind direction for it to break.
This region picks up any swell from South to South West which is the predominant direction for the whole Indian Ocean. All right handers will be offshore but for the lefts to break the best, wind direction is N to NE or no wind at all.
With more crowded conditions on the east side (North/South male Atoll ) ClearWater found another pearl with empty waves.
Other customers also viewed these resorts
Luxury & Budget resorts
Looking for a resort where you can enjoy your stay in luxury? Here you will find a selection of our favorite resorts ideal for surfers traveling with their family or girlfriend. These resorts all have amazing waves right out front or at a short boat ride away. Check out the resorts in the Maldives or Indonesia and book for top rates!
Surf Boat Charters
Looking to book a surf boat charter in the Maldives, Mentawai or Banyak? Wake up to uncrowded glassy perfection, jump straight into the line-up and surf more waves in a week than you will in 6 months at home! Check out our luxury and budget charters and enjoy your surf trip of a life time. Book now at the best rates!