MV Addiction – your luxury surf charter in Mentawai / Indonesia
The MV Addiction offers guided surfing charters to the Mentawai Islands and North or South Sumatra. The MV Addiction gives you the opportunity to surf the kinds of waves you want; from all the world class breaks of the Mentawai’s, to deserted perfection at rarely surfed destinations all over the Sumatran island chain. Come aboard our luxurious 24 meter (80 ft) high speed catamaran and let our experienced crew take you on the surfing adventure of a lifetime. With over 15 years of combined experience in West Sumatra, our crew are there to get you into the best possible waves on every trip.
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
Addiction Travelers are met personally at Padang Airport at the start of their holiday, a private car takes them directly to the MV Addiction. Surf trips range from 12 to 16 nights, with 11 to 15 days of surfing. Most surfing trips are booked on a full group basis but single surfers can book as well . This all depends on availability. Groups can discuss their surfing preferences with the skipper, who will plan an itinerary that matches their wishes to the prevailing conditions.
At the end of the trip, clients are transferred directly from the boat to the airport, or to on-shore accommodation. The Addiction package includes all transfers, surf guide, three gourmet meals per day, snacks, fruit, bottled water, hot drinks, juices, soft drinks, and use of all MV Addiction onboard equipment and amenities. Extra charges apply for onboard beers, sat-phone, souvenirs, ding repair, video and photo service, etc, so bring some spare cash.
- Max guests: 10
- Type of vessel: Catamaran 24m (80ft)
- Beam: 7.9m (26ft)
- Draft: 1.7m (5.6ft)
- Top Speed: 26 Kts laden
- Service Speed: 24 Kts laden
- Built: 1997 by Sabre Catamarans, Australia
- Complete refit: 2006
- Designer: Sabre Catamarans
- Construction: Aluminium
- Flag: Australian Flag
- Main engine/s: 2 x MTU 8V M92 (Brand new for 2008)
- Power: 2 x 965 Hp (720 Kw)
- Auxiliary: 2 x Perkins
- Generator: 2 x 30 Kva
- Fuel Capacity: 4 x 2500 L
- Water Capacity: 900 L
- Water Maker: 100 litre/hr
- Tender 1: 4.2 m (14ft) RIB with 60hp mariner engine and center console steering w/ power trim and oil injection
What are the rates?
To view the rates please open the PDF document below:
Interested to book or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us! We will get back at you within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel:: +316 55 828 727
Questions? We might have them covered right here!
When are the Mentawai waves at their best?
– March and April: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– May, June, July and September: Big surf – high season.
– Late September and October: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– November, December, January and February: Rainy but still good surface conditions and smaller waves with no one around. Clean waves.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Padang (PDG) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (email@example.com).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Indonesia you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival.
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers