The Huey – your luxury surf charter in Mentawai – Indonesia
Huey offers uncrowded surf trip to the Mentawai’s from October till March. The Huey has been operating in these waters since 1999, providing surfers with a variety of waves to suit all levels of ability.
Charters go for 10 days and 11 nights. We leave Padang around 9 or 10 pm and arrive in the islands at dawn the following morning. During the tour we travel mostly at night so as not to waste valuable surf time. On the last day we surf till dark, prepare The Huey for the run home and arrive back to Padang in the early hours of the morning.
During the trip you will be looked after by our trained and highly skilled staff. Steve, the owner of Huey will be your host and surf guide. With 15 years experience traveling through Indonesia and its waters he’ll be sure to get you the best waves on offer. Amril, our Indonesian captain is a born and bred Padang local and also has 20 years experience at sea. He knows these waters like no other and has been working on western charter boats for 7 years.
Charters can be extended by 1-4 days and accessing further island chains north is also an option.
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
Ducted air conditioning throughout the vessel ensures your preferred room temperature. There’s plenty of accessible board storage and the spacious, covered front deck area is a favourite among guests for catching the cool breeze or lazing in the afternoon shade.
- Max guests: 12
- 1x 8 Berth Cabin
- 1x 2 Berth Cabin
- 1x Double Cabin
- Hull: Steel
- 82 ft long
- 20 ft wide
- 6ft Draft
- Engines: 2x 400hp Nissan Diesels
- Electrics; 1 x Kohler silenced diesel genset, 33 Kva, 1 x Isuzu diesel genset, 30 Kva. 110v and 220v power, US, Australian and Indonesian power points
- Cruising speed: 10 Knots
- Top Speed: 12 Knots
- Fuel Capacity: 11,000 litres
- Water Capacity: 4000 litres
- Air Con: All cabins, galley and TV room have ducted and split system AC
- Safety Gear: Certified 20 man life raft, flares, 406Mhz EPIRB, SART
- Communications: VHF Marine Radio, HF Radio, Satellite phone, mobile phone in some areas
- Navigation: Garmin 216 GPS integrated with C-Maps, 64mile JRC Radar, Furuno Navnet Plotter/Sounder/Radar
- Tenders: 1 x 3.6m Rubber Zodiac with 15 hp Yamaha, 1 x 7.5m Fibreglass speed boat with 2 x 175 hp Four stroke Suzuki outboards,
What are the rates?
To view the rates please open the PDF document below:
Interested to book or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us! We will get back at you within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel:: +316 55 828 727
Questions? We might have them covered right here!
When are the Mentawai waves at their best?
– March and April: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– May, June, July and September: Big surf – high season.
– Late September and October: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– November, December, January and February: Rainy but still good surface conditions and smaller waves with no one around. Clean waves.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Padang (PDG) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (email@example.com).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Indonesia you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival.
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers