Mangalui Charter – your luxury surf charter in Mentawai / Indonesia
Mangalui Ndulu means “Wave Searcher“ in local Nias dialect. She is a magnificent 84 ft timber sloop, custom built for the sole purpose of searching for waves. Charters are normally scheduled as 11 or 14 day trips as we`ve found over the years to be a good length of time and this usually coincides with at least one or two swells.
The Mangalui is very flexible regarding both its schedule and its charter destinations. Mangalui has a larger fuel, water , fridge and freezer cap than most allowing trips to run for a longer time and further distances – chasing waves up and down the whole Sumatran coast. Magalui can reach many different islands chains, not just the Mentawai’s . The Mangalui is not a milk run trip, we offer a real surfers voyage. “The Foxy Lady” traveling at 35knots easily with a Yamaha 200hp on the back is Mangalui `s speedboat who gets you there quickly when the wind swings or when you are in an area with a few different wave options.
The Foxy is also great for afternoon deep sea fishing…The Dive compressor in the lazarette is run by a three phase electric motor allowing quick tank refills for any qualified scuba divers that are keen to have a look at the tropical reefs below. An experienced PADI dive master in onboard to oversee those that bring their dive tickets along. All dive equipment is onboard the Mangalui.
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
Landing in any airport (whether it be Padang , Medan or Jakarta) you will be greeted by a Mangalui English speaking rep. All airport to Hotel to boat transfers are provided in Mangalui charter package.
To be sure we always have full communications while at sea we have 2 satellite telephones in service – which gives us internet facilities as well. These are all available to you onboard the Mangalui (at an extra cost) meaning you can keep in touch with the family and or friends while you`re on your surf trip
Dining and drinks
All drinks are also supplied onboard the Mangalui – incl all soft drinks , juices , beer and wine, plus you are welcome to bring your own duty free spirits.
- Max guests: 8
- Entertainment:?Stereo and I-POD
- Our now famous fun and FREE 400mm Canon camera to help capture all the action while out on the ocean
- Vessel Type:?Alloy Plate, Centre Console, Kahajaya Design
- Length:?7.3 m
- Range:?250 nm
- Communications:?VHF radio, Satelliite phone for the longer runs
- Navigation Aids:?Compass, GPS, Depth sounder
- Email facilities
- VHF Radio x 2
- Satellite/digital Radio receiver
- Life Rafts (10 man) x 2
Sorry – the rates are not available at the moment
That doesn’t mean your journey ends here! Contact us for more information on rates and prices and we will always respond within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel:: +316 55 828 727
Questions? We might have them covered right here!
When are the Mentawai waves at their best?
– March and April: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– May, June, July and September: Big surf – high season.
– Late September and October: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– November, December, January and February: Rainy but still good surface conditions and smaller waves with no one around. Clean waves.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Padang (PDG) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (email@example.com).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Indonesia you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival.
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers