Aileota – your budget surf charter in Mentawai / Indonesia
The Aileoita is a beautifully crafted surf charter boat built in 2002. Jordan Heuer, recognized as one of the most experienced surf guides in the Mentawai Islands will be guiding tours exclusively on this boat for the entire season.
Jordan has been featured prominently in a number of Mentawai Islands related articles and features in a variety of publications and web sites all over the world. Jordan will also be accompanied by one of the most experienced crews available with a track record that is second to none. By request, the Aileoita is available to take trips up to North Sumatra.
Check out the Gallery and details for a full impression. If you wish to have more info on availabilty, prices and tips; don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Aileoita is outfitted with all the amenities of home including full air conditioning, LED TV, Play Station 3, hard drive with hundreds of movies and surf videos, iPod ready amplifier, fridge, freezer, radar, depth sounder, GPS, VHF/HF radio, 2 × 220V 20 kVA generators, life jackets, flares, EPIRB, 20 persons life raft, first aid kit, tender and outboard, living room with sofas, and indoor dining room table, 3 shaded spacious out door hang out areas including front deck, the back deck with benches, and tables, and the upper deck, with a large out door dining table, and wrap around benches.
Accommodation on board is in five private twin share cabins. Six of ten large beds are wide enough to comfortably accommodate a couple, and the other four beds are large enough to accommodate large surfers. The maximum surfers allowed on board is 10 people.
The Aileoita has an immense back deck with wrap around benches and a roof, which also has wrap around benches, and a big out door dining table, which is great for a nice dinner with your friends, hanging out, and waiting for a bite on the trolling gear. The runabout is a 17? fiberglass tender with 40 HP outboard engine, and 25 HP back up engine.
The highly experienced crew on the Aileoita, with over 68 years of experience operating in Mentawai between them, includes the captain, a mechanic, an incredible chef (Rahmat), one deck hand, a highly experienced surf guide / professional photographer who knows the surf spots, wind directions, swell directions, and secret spots like the back of his hand, Sebastian Imizcoz or Iuri Borba.
- Max guests: 10
- Five private double cabins
- Living room with big comfortable sofas
- dining table
- entertainment system
- Two bathrooms with showers
- Outdoor shower on back deck
- Dimensions: 70? × 15?
- Cruising speed: 9-11 knots
- 20 person life raft
- LED TV
- hard Drive with tons of movies
- amplified stereo system with iPod jack
- Play Station 3
- Large shaded top deck
- 17? fiberglass tender with 40 HP engine, and 25 HP back up engine.
What are the rates?
To view the rates please open the PDF document below:
Interested to book or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us! We will get back at you within 24 hours (probably much faster).
Tel:: +316 55 828 727
Questions? We might have them covered right here!
When are the Mentawai waves at their best?
– March and April: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– May, June, July and September: Big surf – high season.
– Late September and October: glassy conditions, a few more rights, less people but smaller waves.
– November, December, January and February: Rainy but still good surface conditions and smaller waves with no one around. Clean waves.
How to get there?
Simply book a flight to Padang (PDG) with airlines like Emirates/Singapore Airlines/Etihad/ Sri Lankan/ Qatar ( free surf boards ) or Turkish Airlines / Tiger Airlines/ Air Berlin / Condor
How do I make a reservation?
1. Contact us regarding your request and/or any questions you may have. Use the form above, call us (+316 55 828 727) or write us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Together we will arrange your trip from A to Z.
3. Have you read our Booking Terms? Before confirming, please read them.
Don’t forget your:
– Surf equipment (+ repair kit)
– Passport (at least 6 months valid upon date of return)
– Visas. For Indonesia you get a 30 day free visa upon arrival.
– Travel insurance
– Board shorts, sunscreen and slippers