MENTAWAI INDO - BOTIK RESORT
In the middle and right on our breath taking beach we have the restaurant perfectly situated to enjoy the best sunsets you could imagine. On the right of the restaurant we built a tower to chill out up there.
Botik Resort is surrounded by beautiful gardens and at the very back right next to the billabong we have our main tower we store our fresh water. Botik Resort has been designed to offer a maximum comfort.
Situated exactly in the middle of the playgrounds area, the island has a total surface area of approximately 72 Hectare that is about one kilometer long and 500 meters wide.
The whole island is surrounded by a pristine white sand beach, half of it is covered with palm trees and the other half by a massive rain forest with trees over 30 meters high and great diversity of natural life.
Botik Resort is perfectly situated inside the Northern part of the Mentawais which enables us to get to all those perfect breaks in very little time, Kandui left in 5 minutes, hideaways in 3 minutes, Bank Vaults in 8 minutes.
Aside from these waves, all the rest are in a maximum radius of 15 minutes from our island and they are all exposed to different winds and swell directions.
Built on the beach this is the perfect location for everyone to meet right after the surf and enjoy our delicious meals watching the videos from the day and relaxing All our recipes have been made by a professional Spanish cook that lives in Bali. We also have some other local Sumatran meals.
Both Botik Resort Bungalows are very similar and they are located about 40 meters from the beach.
- They are made to have 4 people living in great comfort.
- They have an inside area of 80 square meters (900 square feet).
- About 30 square meters (350 square feet) of veranda overlooking the ocean.
- All furnished with high quality teak furniture.
- Each Bungalow has 2 bedrooms and a spacious living room and a bathroom.
- It is equipped with air conditioning and fans.
- Free Wifi Available
The waves in the Mentawai archipelago are some of the most consistent on the planet thanks to their location within the Indian Ocean.
There are more than 15 waves accessible to our resort.
They range in diversity from small and easy to big and gnarly.
The waves range from world class lefts and rights such as Kandui and Rifles to other mellower breaks like 4 Bobs or Beng Bengs for all levels of surfers.
Depending on the winds and swell directions we drive on our speedboats looking for the best conditions. Every day is possible to find at least 3 feet offshore waves. The proximity of our resort to all these breaks and the short distance in between them makes it possible for us to explore several breaks in very little time.
Rates and schedules
$210 $USD per night for 10 day trips.
• For long periods (over 20 nights), we have special rates.
We also offer a professional photographer service.
Felipe Oliveira, who has 8 years of experience in the Mentawais so you can have the best surfing pictures you can imagine.
Our trip begins at the airport of Padang.
Our representative will be there to pick everyone up.
From there, about 1 hour to the harbor.
We usually stop for lunch on the way, depending on the arrival time. Speed boat takes around 4 hours and then we arrive at Botik Island.
From there the pure fun begins.
Rate will be 250 USD per person
We talk everyday about surf conditions to organize our trips to the surf.
We re very flexible, and we like you to have fun, so after we have shown you the different spots for the first few surfs, we usually let the group decide where to go.
Our days are full of surf, great meals, and amazing experiences of pure island life.
The trip ends and we go back to Padang by speed boat.
Our Representative will take you back from the harbor to the airport or hotel if you have a flight only the next day.
The Trip Includes:
- All transfers from the airport to the Island of Botik and back (except for the speed boat).
- All surf trips during the stay. We usually surf A LOT.
- All delicious meals (western and indonesian)
- Accommodation in our great bungalows with AC and fans.
- All drinks (except for alcohol) cokes, sprites, juices, water....
- All snack and drinks on the daily surf trips.
- Internet WIFI.
- Satellite TV.
- Surf guide.
- Mentawai Government taxes.
Depending on weather conditions and surf, we also take trips for fishing, spear fishing and snorkeling to the nearby islands.
The trip does NOT include:
- Speed boat from Padang to Botik and back to Padang (250 USD).
- Insurance ( very important to bring a travel insurance for the trip ).
- Airport taxes.
- Alcohol (beers and liquor can be purchased on the island).
- 24 March-3 April (10 nights)
- 3 April-14 april (11 nights)
- 14 April-25 April (11 nights)
- 25 April-6 may (11 nights)
- 6 May-17 may (11 nights)
- 17 May-28 May (11 nights)
- 28 May-8 June (11 nights)
- 8 June- 19 June (11 nights)
- 19 June- 30 June (11 nights)
- 30 June - 11 July (11 nights)
- 11 July -22 July (11 nights)
- 22 July-2 August (11 nights)
- 2 August- 13 August (11 nights)
- 14 August-25 August (11 nights)
- 25 August- 5 September (11 nights)
- 5 September 18 September (13 nights)
- 18 September 29 September (11 nights)
- 29 September- 10 October (11 nights)
- 10 October- 21 October (11 nights)
- 21 October- 1 November (11 nights)
- 2 November- 14 November (12 nights)
There is a plane that flies into the Mentawais as well, please contact us.